Re: [Debconf-team] Day trip decision

Le mardi, 23 juillet 2013 17.55:11, Holger Levsen a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Dienstag, 23. Juli 2013, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> > Formally, the proposed plan is _not_ going over the approved
> > budget, which had total amounts, and not the (per-person) details
> > [1]. The DPL approved a global budget, not a per-person split
> > budget (we have non- per-person costs as you very much know).
>
> What? A mail ago _you_ wrote that the approved budget for dinner+day
> trip was 20k. Now you say this doesnt matter?

If you refer to [0] <[🔎] 201307230954.14131.odyx@debian.org>, I wrote
(emphasis added):

> For 252 attendees, that would *mean* a budget of 12.6 kCHF for the
> DayTrip and 7.6 kCHF for the conference dinner.

What I was trying to write is that:
a) approved budget is 17.4 kCHF for DayTrip, 10.4 kCHF for
   ConferenceDinner; so that's the money we can put to good use for
   these two activities.
b) considering that some team members consider these amounts too high (I
   don't), we _could_ also take a look at the per-person numbers,
   thereby exercising the freedom to use _less_ money than the budget.

My opinion is that although we must of course exercise precaution in
spending money in general, this is also money that we as a team went to
seek, and which most sponsors gave to DebConf13 specifically. AFAIK, the
effective income matches (or even overcomes) what we planned in the
budget, so we have these amounts available for the expenses' side of the
budget too.

That said, I think I can agree that the "ConferenceDinner on the boat"
is probably a luxury we could replace by something simpler such as
"ConferenceDinner in Le Camp", that day, or another day. It's a luxury
that I would have been really delighted if DebConf had offered it to
DebConf13 attendees out of the good sponsors-team work and I would be a
little sad if we'd drop it because I think it would have been a) worth
the money and b) really, really nice (given good wheather).

Cheers,
OdyX