Re: [Debconf-team] Day Trip - please comment

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 18. Juli 2013, Aigars Mahinovs wrote:
> > I like your idea but we need to find a solution to alocate people to the
> > different coaches.

Just let the people build up queues in front of the busses...

> The simplest solution (algorithmically)

I believe the above is simpler :)

> would be to have a bunch of seat
> cards printed with bus number and departure time on them, equal to number
> of seats on the buses. Then distribute those among the trip goers and leave
> the surplus with the organizers. So people willing to go earlier (or later)
> could just exchange seat cards with other people with opposite preference
> (or with organizers, if there are still empty seats).

right and then (some/too many) people will still not show up at the bus for
which they have a card and then reshuffling will begin as well. So more work
for no gain.

cheers,
	Holger