Re: [Debconf-team] Conference bag proposal

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 4:04 PM, Brian Gupta <brian.gupta@brandorr.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 3:56 PM, Gaudenz Steinlin <gaudenz@debian.org> wrote:
>> Patty Langasek <harmoney@dodds.net> writes:

>>> I think the proposal looks good, though I will say that the 'bag sponsored
>>> by' looks a little ... akward. I understand the sentiment behind it, but it
>>> just seems weird. Could we keep that design, but simply omit the words and
>>> have people still be happy? The gold/platinum sponsor logos are still
>>> prominent, and the bag sponsor logo is separated, but still present and
>>> obvious.
>>>
>>> Anyone else?
>>
>> The "sponsored by" addition was done specifically because of a comment
>> after the last proposal was sent to the list. So changing this again
>> would mean a step backwards. I'm personally not 100% convinced that it's
>> necessary, but I'd rather produce the bags as they are now than doing
>> yet another design round. What we have now is kind of a compromise
>> proposal.
>
> At this point the most important things are is to get Arne a "yes" and
> a count of bags needed. Are we in a shape to do that yet? (The
> conservative headcount is the one that I don't think anyone has
> tackled yet.)

Arne,

Current count is 270 attendees, but we still have reconfirmation
upcoming, late signups, and we historically send bags to sponsors.

I'd *guess* that 300 should cover it, but any extra time you can give
us to reconfirm number would really help. (We have a reconfirmation
deadline in about a week.)

When do you need a final count?

-Brian