Re: [Debconf-team] definition of communal / shared showers and bathrooms

Hi

Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.com.au> writes:

> On 27/05/13 18:36, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
>> Axel Beckert <abe@deuxchevaux.org> writes:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The following counts for the building where we had a work meeting +
>>> BSP once. Don't know about the other buildings, but I suspect a
>>> similar niveau:

>>> Yes, but IIRC without a changing area inside the cubicle.
>>> (Nevertheless they were the most decent showers I ever saw in a Youth
>>> Hostel like facility. Even better than most of the showers I saw in
>>> hotels in Brussels while being there for FOSDEM.)
>>
>> As far as I remember all these showers were big enough that you can
>> change inside. Also all buildings have more than one bathroom, so that
>> we can have different bathrooms per gender.
>>
>> The bathrooms in the older buildings (communal accomodation with
>> sleeping bag) are also a bit older and maybe a bit less comfortable. But
>> even there we can make sure to have a womens and a mens bathroom and all
>> showers are single cubicles, no football club like showers.
>
> Thanks Gaudenz - I didn't mean that comment to be disparaging, I just
> wanted to try and communicate it in a way that non-local people can
> relate to when making decisions.  The pictures of the large communal
> rooms may have left some people guessing about all this, do you think
> you can add any of this extra detail to the accommodation page?

I did not read your comment as disparaging. I added some more
information to the accommodation wiki page [1]. Feel free to extend.

Unfortunately we don't have any pictures of the bathrooms besides one
that is not really representative because it shows the worst bathroom.

Gaudenz

[1] https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Accommodation