Re: [Debconf-team] Accommodation numbers/upgrades/communal accommodation

Gaudenz Steinlin <gaudenz@debian.org> writes:

> [Ganneff: Could you please add a munin graph with the answers to the com_accom
> question or provide the numbers by email, Thanks]
>
> Moray Allan <moray@sermisy.org> writes:
>
>> We are now (by tomorrow) at the end of the period for applying for
>> sponsorship, so the next set of decisions about room utilisation etc.
>> should be made soon.
>>
>> How many people have registered for what room categories currently, and
>> how does that compare to the available rooms?  How many sponsored people
>> said they would/wouldn't take "communal" accommodation?
>
> The room categories are visible in this munin graph [1]. Additional data
> about the "Debian role" is available in the admin interface.
>
> Current status:
>                                 All / accompany / interested / None / not selected
> Own accomodation:               26 / 0 / 10 / 3 / 0
> Sponsored accomodation:        121 / 0 /  5 / 0 / 0
> self-paid communal:             16 / 0 /  3 / 1 / 1
> self-paid camping:              13 / 1 /  0 / 0 / 0
>                                (+ 20 requesting sponsored accomodation and prefering camping)
> self-paid 8 bed:                27 / 1 /  3 / 1 / 0
> self-paid 2 bed:                27 / 0 /  2 / 0 / 1
>
> Not taking into account any additional requirements this means we have
> enough rooms for all these requests.
>

>> We should clarify soon for people already registered what kind of room
>> they can expect to receive, and, e.g. give them the chance to pay for a
>> better room if they aren't happy with that one.
>
> I think we should as soon as possible confirm the rooms for those that
> choose a self-paid room. For the upgrades we have first to find a more
> or less consensual way of doing this. As a discussion basis for this we
> need to know the answers for the survey questions. AFAICS these are
> currently not accessible in a munin graph or in the admin interface. As
> it looks now, we still have beds available in each category.

I just got read access to the penta DB and tried to retrive the data
about the communal accomodation survey [1]:

95 would accept communal accomodation
17 would *not* accept

I'll try to produce more detailed statistics tomorrow.

Gaudenz

[1] I used the following SQL query, wich if I understood the DB layout
right should only include those that requested sponsored accomodation
(accom_id=22) and plan to attend DC13 (attend=true and conference_id=7)

select attend, person.person_id, person.public_name, conference_id,
com_accom from debconf.dc_conference_person join person on
debconf.dc_conference_person.person_id = person.person_id where
conference_id=7 and attend=true and com_accom=false and accom_id=22;