Re: [Debconf-team] Accommodation numbers/upgrades/communal accommodation

[Ganneff: Could you please add a munin graph with the answers to the com_accom
question or provide the numbers by email, Thanks]

Moray Allan <moray@sermisy.org> writes:

> We are now (by tomorrow) at the end of the period for applying for
> sponsorship, so the next set of decisions about room utilisation etc.
> should be made soon.
>
> How many people have registered for what room categories currently, and
> how does that compare to the available rooms?  How many sponsored people
> said they would/wouldn't take "communal" accommodation?

The room categories are visible in this munin graph [1]. Additional data
about the "Debian role" is available in the admin interface.

Current status:
                                All / accompany / interested / None / not selected
Own accomodation:               26 / 0 / 10 / 3 / 0
Sponsored accomodation:        121 / 0 /  5 / 0 / 0
self-paid communal:             16 / 0 /  3 / 1 / 1
self-paid camping:              13 / 1 /  0 / 0 / 0
                               (+ 20 requesting sponsored accomodation and prefering camping)
self-paid 8 bed:                27 / 1 /  3 / 1 / 0
self-paid 2 bed:                27 / 0 /  2 / 0 / 1

Not taking into account any additional requirements this means we have
enough rooms for all these requests.

> We should clarify soon for people already registered what kind of room
> they can expect to receive, and, e.g. give them the chance to pay for a
> better room if they aren't happy with that one.

I think we should as soon as possible confirm the rooms for those that
choose a self-paid room. For the upgrades we have first to find a more
or less consensual way of doing this. As a discussion basis for this we
need to know the answers for the survey questions. AFAICS these are
currently not accessible in a munin graph or in the admin interface. As
it looks now, we still have beds available in each category.

A meeting to discuss how to proceed is scheduled for tomorrow 1800 UTC
in #debconf-team. Unfortunately this meeting was not announced on-list
yet it's just mentioned in the IRC topic. IIRC the plan was to announce
it with a reply to the last meeting's minutes, but this never happened.

Gaudenz

> (That doesn't necessarily mean cheaper "upgrades" beyond the current
> pricing, as some team members suggested, but we should start to clarify
> things beyond the very vague options most people selected so far.)

Gaudenz

[1]
http://munin.debconf.org/debconf.org/skinner.debconf.org-penta_accomodation.html