Re: [Debconf-team] Cloud Track

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 11:49 PM, brian.thomason@gmail.com
<brian.thomason@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Gunnar,
>
> Just checking in to see if the proper teams have been formed yet and what
> you would like me to do as track lead.  I assume as a team we'll review and
> approve talks, and I will schedule them?
>
> This will be my first Debconf as a member so I'm looking forward to helping
> where I can!
>
> Thanks!

So this got me curious, and I have a follow on question for Gunnar.. I
participate in debian-cloud, and am wondering if the participants in
debian-cloud will have any voice in talk selection for this cloud
track? IE: I'm wondering if talk selection has ever been pushed out to
individual (non-debconf) teams? (I don't know if it makes sense or
not, and why or why not).

For example, I know there is ongoing talk on list of how to deal with
fast moving cloud enabling software components that we want to include
in stable, but not necessarily freeze. And as we rapidly add more
supported cloud providers, we are finding a need to add these in mid
release, which would be exceptional for Debian. A bof on this would
certainly be something I would see of value, as I'm pretty sure would
many people on the debian-cloud list would want to see as well. I'm
guessing there will likely be a submission on this topic, but how
would the talk-team know this is important to the debian-cloud team
and select it as a talk/bof?