Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf13 accomodation/food/fees prices proposal

On 30.01.2013 08:22, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
Le lundi, 28 janvier 2013 14.10:26, Philipp Hug a écrit :
Are you sure that those people who want to give money to DebConf don't
want an invoice?
If we end up having to write invoices for arbitrary "donations" it'll
complicate things.

I think, I'd prefer to just let the attendee choose to pay food or
accomodation themselves instead of giving donations.

(…)

I'd prefer to not have colors/metals for the categories. Maybe just
give them letters like A,B,C... to make them sound more neutral.

As I don't think we can really reach consensus on these two questions, I've
put these up for decision at the next DebConf team meeting:

	https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Meetings/20130211

Thanks, but for preparation, can we discuss it to the list? So why do you (generic) want to have categories names? I think at the end it is used only internally by us (and in one single point in the registration webform).

Also with categories, it seems that higher is better, but talking about room allocation on last DebConf, it seems that some of us prefer the smaller rooms, but many prefer to share with other people. And we should also encourage to book the two larger room (the never-ending party rooms).

IMHO contrary to the sponsor, we should not push people to pay more. The fee is only (IMHO) used to get a better feeling to people: it seems fairer (instead of asking: why he has a double room, and I got the biggest one).

In any case I strongly oppose to have categories on badges or in some prominent place. (The badges of professionals was identical to sponsored people. Only for practical reasons, the there was a distinction about having to pay food (which was not the case of sponsored and professionals).

In summary: I don't see reasons: or it is internal notation, or we classify people.

ciao
	cate