Re: [Debconf-team] getting started on the DebConf14 website

On Sun, Nov 03, 2013 at 04:06:39PM -0800, Allison Randal wrote:
> The full site launched Thursday night.

> http://debconf14.debconf.org

I said it on IRC, but I'll say it again - thank you SO MUCH for your work on
this. It looks fantastic!!

> I'd appreciate any eyes to check out the pages, verify dates and
> details, especially sponsorship levels (which I pulled from the
> brochure-in-progress), or look for bad links.

One bad link that I found, but it's the brochure-in-progress, so it's A
Known Bug.

> A couple of things I'd like to add:

>  - I think the "debian rosebud" from the full logo would look great
> in the big dark-blue-box-banner on the main page. (Filling the same
> slot as the bird in the dc12 pages.) I could use a copy of the
> original Inkscape doc, so I can extract the rosebud from the logo
> cleanly.

That's a great idea. I was actually wondering how we could make the website
and all our brochures/shirts/bags/whatever "theme" together well. I really
think we should push the swirl rosebud. It's unqiue and, well, very
Portland. ;) I'll send you the original Inkscape doc Matto sent our way
earlier.

>  - I'd like to add a square "Become a Sponsor" banner into the
> sponsors sidebar, to fill the space, and encourage sponsors to join.

Sounds good - the more places to encourage people to sponsor, the better.
Eventually, we'll be adding in more info about the conference proper
(information about Portland, transportation, fun activities as well as
registration information, which may be a 2 step process this year).  I
imagine most of this will be on the wiki,but don't forget to plan space for
that at the very least.

Thanks again, Allison!
Patty

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski