Re: [Debconf-team] Sponsorship brochure modification

On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 7:42 AM, Raphaël Walther <raphael@walther.im> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Regarding the sponsorship brochure:
> http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debconf-data/dc14/sponsorship-brochure/brochure.en.pdf
>
> I have a few comments which are mostly details.
>
> 1) page 3
> DebConf and Debian
> The Bigger Picture
>
> There is an issue with DebConf6 which is separated on two line and has an hyphen:
> This is the kind of peer-to-peer networking that makes open source conferences like De-
> bConf6 worthwhile.
>
> 2) I am concerned about these details at the end:
>
> "DebConf has evolved from humble beginnings in Bordeaux,
> France in 2000 with 30 attendees and virtually no budget, to recent years where we accommodate
> an average of 250 attendees, with a budget of around $230,000 USD."
>
> My question is where this 250 come from ? Is it the average of attendance of last few years ?
>
> My second question is where this USD 230'000 come from ?
>
> I have just check it was also in the brochure of DC13. For me these number are
> incorrect.
>
> 3) The brochure size is 1.5 Mo. Would it be possible to make it lighter ? Last
> year we had a 0.7 Mo brochure.
>
> What do you think ?

I know nothing about where the attendee and budget numbers came from,
but I wouldn't sweat the 1.5MB size as that isn't really that big for
a PDF, especially if we provide the brochure as a DL link like:
http://media.debconf.org/dc13/sponsors/DebConf13_SponsoringBrochure.pdf

Cheers,
Brian