Re: [Debconf-team] Proposal for sponsorship levels (and registration fees) for DC14

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 02:29:18PM -0400, Brian Gupta wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 7:13 AM, martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> wrote:
> > also sprach Brian Gupta <brian.gupta@brandorr.com> [2013.10.24.0143 +0200]:
> >> After discussion with sponsors-team we are proposing the following
> >> sponsorship levels and registration fees for DC14. (They are largely
> >> the same as DC13 with CHF substituted for USD).
> >
> > The USD is a bit weaker than the CHF, but one sentiment I often
> > heard during the preparation of DC13 was that the sponsorship levels
> > were too expensive. Maybe it would be possible to add another level
> > below bronze e.g. at 1000 USD with a small benefit, such as a link
> > or whatever.
>
> Martin,
>
> We already have the "Supporter" level, which covers all donations
> below the Bronze threshold. Assuming we agree to keep these supporters
> listed on the "Sponsor web page", and not also have them listed on the
> homepage, I don't think I'd personally have a major issue allowing
> them to have a link from the sponsor page.

I don't think this would be the right approach. The link is an incentives to
become a Bronze, then the t-shirt an incentive to become Silver. Don't give
a link for a small amount of money.

> Would this address the issue, or do you feel it's important to have a
> minimal threshold?

Yes, because we had 23 bronze sponsors. It means that if you remove this
threshold the amount will be lower and total amount too.

Cheers,
Raphaël