[Debconf-team] Report from the Le Camp visit

Hi

For everything related to networking, see the report from Axel sent
yesterday. For everything related to dishwashing and cleaning see the
thread started by Raphael.

* Camping
We defined camping areas together with Le Camp. Two camping areas for
approximately 18 tents will be used first, and if needed we can use 3
additional areas for about 14 tents. I'll now contact everyone who
registered for camping and see how much space they approximately need to
allocate the camping spaces.

* Parking
This is nearly finished, flat and provides space for about 80 cars.

* Things attendees need to bring
Everyone needs to bring his own towel. Those in communal accomodation
additionally need a sleeping-bag. No beddings are required (for either
type of accomodation).

* Laundry
We can use the Le Camp laundry machine. Someone from the team has to be
responsible. No self-service by participants.

* Food
** Lunch
Le Camp offered us a bit more variation than a sandwich buffet each day
even if we choose the cheaper option on every day. They will provide
other cold food like salads and so on some days. We also discussed that
we cam choose to take the more expensive lunch option (full meal) for
some days if we want and they would take care so we have an overall
balanced lunch menu over the days.

** Conference Dinner
We also discussed the option of having the conference dinner at Le Camp.
We have an additional 5.- CHF/person budgeted for the conference dinner.
We asked them to see what they could provide for this price. Nothing
decided about this yet. Having the conference dinner outside Le Camp
would certainly be more expensive.

** Meal counting
We agreed that we will pay Le Camp based on the numbers announced 1 day
before. So from their point no counting of meals is needed. I propose
that we indicate on the badges who has paid or is sponsored for meals.
For all the others we could sell food tickets at the front desk. But
ticket collection and batch control would only be self-control basis
unless we see that this does not work and more strict control is needed.

* Infrastructure
We checked that all the major infrastructure for the talk rooms is in
place. For audio they have two audio systems we can use and also some
additional microphones and mixers. According to the videoteam everything
we need is settled. We can use two projectors from them (one new one and
one older with only 1024*768). They also have screens for the two talk
rooms (fixed on the wall for the main talk room, mobile for the 2nd talk
room). For the bof rooms we can project on the wall and don't need a
screen. There are also enough chairs and tables for talk rooms, bof
rooms and hacklabs.

We discovered that the hacklab intended for DebCamp is too small for 50
people. We intend to have another hacklab during DebCamp in the back of
the main talk room and to setup 2 smaller rooms as hacklabs during
DebCamp to be used during the second part of DebCamp and DebConf (those
rooms need network wireing first). Additionally we will have the "carré"
as athe main hacklab during DebCamp (not DebConf). If Le Camp can't rent
the "carré" to someone during DebCamp, we can also rent that instead for
a reduced price (to be defined).

I made a page on the wiki with material we still need to organize [1].
For the two BoF rooms we are still looking for projectors. If someone is
able to bring a projector, please add your name to the wiki page.

See the wiki page for yesterdays visit for some detailed answers [2]

Best,
Gaudenz

[1] https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/MaterialToOrganize
[2] https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/LeCampVisit20130708