Re: [Debconf-team] Urgent: Dishwashing & Cleaning

On Mon, Jul 08, 2013 at 07:57:07PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> seriously, buy two dishwashing machines (max 1000€ total) and let them be
> filled by volunteers... 5k for dishwashing is like 3% of our total budget.

This was part of a long debate - unless we have enough volunteers dedicated
to handling this, or people who will take responsibility in the event that
the volunteers ... choose not to complete this task, it's unreasonable to
expect that this will just get done.

What this means is that for those volunteer hours, they will be dedicating
an hour or so after each meal to duties that should have been (and aren't,
so we're trying to cover it) included with catering.

If this is the way we're going with this, we need to have the dishwashing
volunteer crew staffed and ready to start with the first full meal (lunch)
and finish with the last dinner, and someone to be responsible in the event
the crew can't manage the workload.

Front desk will not be responsible for dishwashing.

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski