Re: [Debconf-team] Thank you for the food and accommodation for DC13

On Mon, Jul 08, 2013 at 07:58:44PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Montag, 8. Juli 2013, Patty Langasek wrote:
> > If you haven't already, please log into your Penta account(0) and deselect
> > the option for "I want to attend this conference", and make sure the
> > "Reconfirm Attendance" box is also not checked.
>
> isn't not reconfirming enough?

> Jonathan is a very nice person and might also uncheck the "I want to attend"
> but I guess most people wont, so I think it's pointless to ask the nice people
> for extra steps...

I was making the same request that the local team has been making since
people have started sending in their regrets. Their reasoning behind it was
so that we could get better numbers of who's attending, and who just didn't
click on 'Reconfirm' and who still needs to be reminded to reconfirm and so
forth.

I know there have been questions as to total numbers that they're trying to
account for room assignments, camping assignments and other "things", and I
don't think it unreasonable to ask people to help us make our numbers just a
little more precise. :)

Patty