Re: [Debconf-team] Urgent: Dishwashing & Cleaning

Le lundi, 8 juillet 2013 20.04:35, Tiago Bortoletto Vaz a écrit :
> On Mon, Jul 08, 2013 at 07:57:07PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > seriously, buy two dishwashing machines (max 1000€ total) and let
> > them be filled by volunteers... 5k for dishwashing is like 3% of
> > our total budget.
>
> +1
>
> I'd join a team to coordinate volunteers on this.

For what is worth…

First, this has been proposed and dismissed at the latest DebConf Team
meeting [0].

Second, Le Camp already has all the _infrastructure_ needed for the
dishwashing, including professional machines. What "dishwashing"
includes is (starting at the end of the previous meal): cleaning and
preparing the tables, putting plates and silverware on the tables; then
taking them off there, putting them in the professional dishwashing
machines, taking them off there, drying them and putting them back in
the cupboards. The Le Camp staff said that, based on their experience,
it roughly takes 3-4 persons for roughly two hours per meal to do it;
the latest team meeting clearly leaned towards arguing that we can't
find enough volunteers to do it.

Cheers,

OdyX

[0] https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Meetings/20130702