Re: [Debconf-team] T-Shirts printing in Mexico

Luca Capello <luca@pca.it> writes:

> Hi there!
>
> On Wed, 05 Jun 2013 19:10:20 +0200, Philipp Hug wrote:
>> And adding customs handling fee + money transfer/conversion costs (assuming
>> 4%): CHF 50 + CHF 40
>> Total: CHF2764
>> per shirt: CHF 6.91
>>
>> Which is still fine. We estimated CHF 8 / T-Shirt in our budget.
>
> Just to complete my duties after the last IRC meeting, I asked about
> producing T-Shirts in Germany: it seems that *one-side* T-Shirt should
> cost around 8.00EUR, which means 9.90CHF with today's exchange ratio.
>
> This means that the Mexican offer is the most appealing.

Does this include shipping? If yes we could still consider this offer as
producing in Germany would make the whole thing easier to handle and
more predictable. AFAIR there have been problems with shipping t-shirts
from Mexico to Europe in the past. But if these are sorted out by now, I
agree that the Mexican offer is more appealing.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.