Re: [Debconf-team] T-Shirts printing in Mexico

Hi,

>      Plus shipping. As always, I quoted with UPS for you to have an
>      idea, but it can be via any courier service of your choice: US$1169
>      to US$1239.44 (attaching a PDF with the options in case you want to
>      look for other companies).

However, what strikes me is that we will pay almost the same price for
shipping ($3.10 per T-Shirt), excluding the carbon footprint.

FTR, the *delivered* price for one T-Shirt is 6.78USD = 5.18EUR =
6.43CHF, according to today's rate exchange:

Please don't forget money transfer costs, import duty, VAT and customs handling.
For T-Shirts the one of the following tariffs is relevant:
6109.1 (cotton T-Shirts) and 6109.9 (T-Shirts of other materials)
Default rate is CHF 152 / 100kg, but fortunately we have a free trade agreement with Mexico (through EFTA) which means: import duty: 0

But you have to add 8% on the total amount (T-Shirts + shipping) + handling fee for import which you pay to shipping company which should be around CHF 50.

So: T-Shirts + Shipping + VAT is:
USD 1461 + USD 1169 + USD 210 (VAT) = USD 2840 = CHF 2674

And adding customs handling fee + money transfer/conversion costs (assuming 4%): CHF 50 + CHF 40
Total: CHF2764
per shirt: CHF 6.91

Which is still fine. We estimated CHF 8 / T-Shirt in our budget.

To compare with Switzerland: We paid CHF 17 / T-Shirt in Switzerland last time we bought T-Shirts for debian.ch
I'll try to get another quote for shipping: this seems to be where we can save most.

Gunnar: The T-Shirt vendor would ship directly to Switzerland, right?

Philipp