Re: [Debconf-team] {Disarmed} CERN & DebConf13?

Quoting Philip Hands (phil@hands.com):

> It would be very cool if we could develop links to try and get GRID to
> be more easily served by Debian servers.  I get the impression that
> Scientific Linux is generally used, and am told that it makes the whole
> thing more painful than it needs to be.

As someone who maintains a full distro on top of CentOS for a big
bunch of scientific workstations, all I can do is agree to this.

There are unfortunalty tons of reasons (mostly bad ones, but not under
my control) for which we are *not* using Debian (like Joss does at
EDF) but I can definitely tell that one can measure how well Debian
fits the needs for scientific machines.....when one tries to do the
same on top or rpm-based hell (including Scientific Linux).

So, I'm definitely convinced the proposal is good for developing
links, yes.