Re: [Debconf-team] pentabarf

Hi Joerg,

Thanks for this work, some (late) comments:

Le lundi, 15 avril 2013 00.19:58, Joerg Jaspert a écrit :
> - I saw no point in the forcing of a N/A food preference, should one
>   select "provide own food".

For the "food" point, I think the formulation should be changed to what I
proposed [0] (and which gaudenz ack'ed and amended [1]):

- I request sponsored food (sponsored attendees only)
- I wish to pay for food at the conference (25 CHF/day)
- I will care for my own food and understand that there are no shops or
  restaurants nearby.

With that intentional order, making the "sponsored food" the default.

[0] <[🔎] 201304131108.49360.odyx@debian.org>
[1] <[🔎] 87eheed8s7.fsf@meteor.durcheinandertal.bofh>

> - Similar with the "other" field, I saw no point. Its easy to add a
>   textfield, so if its really wanted to have there, I add it.
> --8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8---
>   Do we really need a textfield for other? It currently reads
>   Other (contact organizers).
>   If someone has really special requirements that they need extra
>   attention, can't we trust them to send a mail? Which can go to
>   lotsa orga people, while here one needs to select the admin
>   interface and check through people. Or ask someone to do sql magic.
> --8<------------------------schnapp------------------------->8---

I disagree here: a free-text "other" in food restrictions makes it IMHO less
work for us to gather the amounts we have to provide to the cook (think "15
lactose-intolerant, 40 allergic to nuts, …"). But if the registration team
wants to handle that by mail, fine for me.

Also "Not eating with the group" is kinda-redundant with the "am staying off-
site and will provide own food", but I understand we might want to keep that
field DebConf-standard; fine for me.

Various things:
* http://penta.debconf.org directs to …/dc11/… and in general mentions
  DebConf12 only.
* "travel fare" labels disagree with what was decided [2], they should be:
 - Travel costs:
 - Travel sponsorship needed in order for me to attend DebConf:
 (Also, the explanation text before doesn't agree with the above)

Thanks in advance, cheers,

OdyX

[2] https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Orga/Registration#Travel_tab