[Debconf-team] DebConf13 venue choice (was: [DC14] Portland team: DebConf in the USA)

Le lundi, 18 mars 2013 18.11:57, Ana Guerrero a écrit :
> E.g. I find the hotels prices in Venezuela extremely high, I could ignore
> that point thinking we can find a workaround with cheaper hotels later and
> focus in the bid overall. Later, it can happen that the venezuelan team
> agrees in looking for other hotels (as has happened in previous years)
> or they can say they only will organize debconf in the selected hotels
> because they believed this was already chosen (as happened this year)

For the record, I disagree with your way of depicting history.

As far as I'm concerned, there was way more than "it was already chosen" in my
[0] reasoning in favour of Le Camp: proximity to locals [1], fitting with our
vision [2], prices [3,4], timing of the discussions to change venue with
regards to progress made with Le Camp, etc.

I'm not sure it's the right place, time and thread to further debate that
subject, though.

OdyX

[0] As I don't want to generalize it to others.
[1] Which is interesting in two ways: we can more easily go to the venue and
    we can more easily contact sponsors. The canton just got added as Gold
    sponsor, as a direct result of local lobbying by a team member.
[2] And thereby "motivation of the involved people"
[3] As mere example, the St-Moritz proposal
    <201212051508.30046.odyx@debian.org> had beds for twice the price and
    didn't include talk rooms.
[4] The budget we had in the original bid is per-day (aka it was for two
    weeks, now we currently have one), very similar to the finally-DPL-agreed
    budget.