Re: [Debconf-team] Accomodation pricing and categories

Moray Allan <moray@sermisy.org> writes:

> On 2013-02-26 00:05, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
>> I would prefer the following: Before the conference only pro and corp
>> attendees can buy a better room.
>
> We were trying to separate those things.  Perhaps your proposal could
> be restated as "only attendees not applying for accommodation/food
> sponsorship"?

Yes that's what I meant.

We just had a longish discussion on IRC (#debconf-sponsors) and cleared
up some misunderstandings about this. We need to clarify what the
separation of pro/corp fee and food/accomodation really means. In other
words which combinations that we want to allow.

I was under the impression that the corporate fee always also included a
part for the general conference costs and that we don't want to drop
that. And that if you want to attend for free and aren't sponsored you
have to organize your own accomodation and food and can't just buy that
on a daily basis from debconf. But others on IRC pointed out that the
professional fee was originally only meant to cover food and
accommodation costs. So with the split into food/accomodation costs
and conference fee, the additional professional fee would become 0.-.

The question is now if we should still offer two types of registration
fees or if we only want to offer one. We did not reach a conclusion
about this beside that the fee(s) should have a label and price which makes
it easy to put this through on company expenses.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.