Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf13 accomodation/food/fees prices proposal

Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.com.au> writes:

>>> I don't see any loss from being verbose, if verbose means a short
>>> phrase like that.  As you say, large/medium/small will mean
>>> different things to different people (and would also normally be
>>> taken to describe the room's physical size, not the number of
>>> occupants).
>>>
>> From a participant's point of view, I also can imagine a list of
>> something like
>>     room type:
>>     - 1-2 persons, bedding provided
>>     - 26-32 persons, sleeping bag needed
>>

> I would use the word linen rather than bedding
>
> Why have the sleeping bag distinction at all?
>
> Does Le Camp actually offer optional linen for those rooms and did we
> get the prices of such optional items fixed in the contract?  Given the
> need for simplicity and the success of fundraising, why not just put
> linen in all rooms and remove half the categories?

Because the linen is included for those rooms by default. There is
nothing optional about it. And AFAIK it's not possible to have linen for
the other rooms because Le Camp does not provide it (probably they don't
even have enough linen available).

There are also other comfort differences between the beds than just the
linen. This will be easier to see once we have the pictures.

Gaudenz