Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf13 local organization

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 01:08:10PM +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> > I had tried to suggest some of the money not go through DC13.ch, but
> > it seems since DC13.ch is defined as running DebConf13, and Debconf13
> > is a certain event, that gets legally iffy.
> >

> Maybe, but what if SPI had some money and independently decided to pay
> travel sponsorship for some people?  As that money has no VAT concerns,
> and if the sponsorship was contemplated actively by the SPI board, there
> would be no necessity for it to through DC13 would there?

That's what I hoped would happen, but local team said wouldn't be
possible due to various reasons.  I recognize that VAT for things
spent within switzerland may be unavoidable [though, part of the hope
for a local organization is to be nonprofit to get tax exempt...], but
it's the necessity of swiss rules for global money that I want to
point out before it becomes a surprise.

- Richard