Re: [Debconf-team] reports from Le Camp "BSP", part 5: pics

On 31/10/12 10:38, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> Le mercredi, 31 octobre 2012 09.00:29, Daniel Pocock a écrit :
>> Interlaken also has a range of hotels for people willing to go beyond 25
>> CHF/night budget.  For about 40 CHF/night, you can go in the very new
>> looking hostel near the Interlaken Ost station.  Le Camp offers no such
>> choice for the people who reject the 32 bed dorm.
>
> That's IMHO either badly phrased, or plain wrong: there is more in LeCamp than
> this 32 beds dorm. And you know it.

I am working on the basis that people would only be forced into the 32
bed dorm when all those other rooms are completely full, so it is
therefore correct to say that people in the 32 bed dorm would have
nowhere else to go due to the lack of hotels in Vaumarcus

>> "Location éventuelle de tentes par DebConf 13. (Seulement si le nombre
>> de 300 personnes est dépassé) Nuites à incluire dans le decompte: CHF 10"
>>
>> That's what the contract says.  Fill 300 beds before one tent is permitted
>
> This means that we can have down to 8 persons [32 -(326-300)] in the 32-beds
> dorm before camping. Even with camping, we could keep that number.

Ok, that is not quite so bad then provided that people really bring
their tents.  We can deliberately convert the 32 bed dorm to 20 or 24
beds only without recalculating the other parts of the contract?

>>> As much as I'd love to do GourmetConf, can we please stop with RumorConf?
>>
>> A photo is not a rumor
>
> No. But "people assuming that the photo represents all the possible hosting"
> is.

I never suggested the 32 bed dorm was representative of Le Camp - but it
is too big to ignore it.