Re: [Debconf-team] reports from Le Camp "BSP", part 1-3: irc meeting(s) on the internet

On 2012-10-29 08:12, Andreas Tille wrote:
Considering you also visited one
proposed alternative (Interlaken) I would like to trust you and the
voting (from first part) that Le Camp might make a nice DebConf.

The problem is not to answer "What is nicer?" but to be sure that we choose something that works in budget and other terms. There remain big questions about Le Camp, while for Interlaken we don't even have a complete specific proposal to the level that would be required at this stage.

The problem is anyway not to answer "Le Camp vs. Interlaken". It has not yet been shown that either of these options will work with acceptable risks, so that still needs to happen before we sign anything. If it turned out that neither works, we would need to do something else; presenting it as A vs. B is a false dichotomy.

Only if it is shown that both options would work equally well for Debian in budget/risks/etc. is it relevant to ask which is nicer.

--
Moray