Re: [Debconf-team] Le Camp contract, 2012-09-27

Giacomo Catenazzi <cate@debian.org> writes:

> On 24.10.2012 09:30, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
>> - Option of Le Camp sponsoring DebConf. If they reduce the price, we
>>    could list them as sponsors. I don't have high hopes that they agree
>>    to this, but we could at least try.
>
> No. This must be discussed by the debconf-team before making such
> proposal. People was not so happy having the fact accomplished without
> discussion last year (and -team clearly added a note about this for us
> and future debconfs).

I don't think we have to handle this specially from other sponsorships.
We also don't require debconf-team discussion before approaching any
other sponsor. So yes nothing can be promised before the team agrees,
but we can nevertheless explore the posibility by mentioning it a s an
option. And that's the only thing I considered anyway.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.