Re: [Debconf-team] Switzerland checklist issues, Interlaken checklist added

Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.com.au> writes:

> I used the Vaumarcus checklist as a template for creating an Interlaken
> checklist:
>
> http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Switzerland/Bid/Vaumarcus
>
> http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/InterlakenChecklist
>

> While going through it, I noticed some issues:
>
> "Visas: Which/how many countries' citizens require getting a visa? How
> hard (bureaucratic, probable) is it to get it? "
>
> Vaumarcus checklist has an ambiguous answer, "Schengen and EU countries
> do not require any visa."  In fact, what this means is that if you are
> already in a Schengen country, you don't need a visa to cross over the
> border to Switzerland.  Everyone else must see if their country is on
> the `needs a visa' list.  In practice, very few countries need a visa
> for Switzerland, it is much easier than getting a US visa.

I don't see how the original answer is ambigous then. If you look at the
full answer in the original document it even links to the official PDF
with the per country requirements. Or do you just refer to the fact that
the original sentence should read "Schengen and EU country citizens ..."

> "Are there any import regulations, which might affect DebConf? (e.g. a
> limit to number of notebooks / DVDs / other media you can bring in; hard
> regulations for money transfers; etc.)"
>
> Vaumarcus checklist says `none' - in fact, CH is not an EU country, and
> there are very strict customs controls, particularly on commercial
> goods, alcohol and meat.  VAT and duties are charged on anyone exceeding
> the limits.

Do you know of any limits that actually affect DebConf (the second part
of the question)? No one expects any country to have no import
regulations at all, but I'm not aware of any regulations that actually
will affect DebConf.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.