Re: [Debconf-team] Final call for DebConf13 sponsorship levels and benefits

Hi there!

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 17:42:55 +0200, Luca Capello wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 16:44:41 +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
>> On Freitag, 28. September 2012, Luca Capello wrote:
>>> * SUPPORTER - up to 2'000 CHF
>>>
>>>   + Logo on the sponsor web page
>>> [[[move the next one to BRONZE?]]]
>>>   + Provide corporate materials in conference bags
>>
>> I dont think we should move this benefit.
>>
>>> * BRONZE - starting from 2'000 CHF
>>>
>>>   Benefits from SUPPORTER, and also:
>>>
>>>   + Logo on all web pages and link back to company homepage
>>> [[[move the next one to SILVER?]]]
>>>   + Logo in full-page "thank you" ad in Linux Magazine worldwide
>>
>> this one maybe, other comments?
>
> Just a note: moving only this one means that if you pay less (for
> SUPPORTER and not BRONZE) you get more benefits.  I was mostly of the
> idea that we should have a growing number of benefits: now it is
> 2-2-2-3-3, while I proposed 1-2-3-3-3 replying to Martin Zobel-Helas:
>
>   <mid:87mx0fi5hp.fsf@gismo.pca.it>
>   <http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20120924.192951.be685089.en.html>

Does the fact that there were no other comments about this mean that it
should moved or not?  ;-)

>>> * SILVER - starting from 6'000 CHF
>>>
>>>   Benefits from BRONZE, and also:
>>>
>>>   + Logo printed on conference T-Shirts
>>>   + Logo printed on conference bags
>>
>> "if we do conference bags" maybe?
>
> Should we maybe use "conference material"?  There was a proposal to
> produce reusable plastic glasses:
>
>   <mid:1345394642.4118.6.camel@rhadamanthine.Belkin>
>   <http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20120818.194749.f7b0608d.en.html>

And about this?  Should we completely remove the conference bags notion?

>> And I do wonder if the money gap between bronze and silver is too high. (2k -
>> 6k CHF.)
>
> Your call if we can still change the levels, however let me note that
> this is not what was agreed upon the last IRC meeting:
>
>   <http://meetbot.debian.net/debconf-team/2012/debconf-team.2012-09-18-17.06.html>

This is the more impelling question.

Nevertheless, I just committed the fixes Holger suggested and I am
calling for an English review soon after this email:

  <http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debconf-data?view=revision&revision=3738>

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca