Re: [Debconf-team] Le Camp contract, 2012-09-27

On 05/10/12 10:44, Luca Capello wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 16:29:18 +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
>> until when wants Le Camp us to sign the contract?
>
> Sorry, I missed this question.
>
> I actually do not know: from my understanding they wanted us to sign it
> ASAP, but then I have not had any contact since the last contract they
> send me.
>
> I should admit that I have lost track of what is OK and what is not: if
> someone has comments, can she/he reply to this email, so I can go back
> to Le Camp and fix what is needed?  If we have a clear list, I will go
> there in person, so we will end this email ping-pong.

The most obvious concern seems to be about the cost.  Several people
have raised this (e.g. the question at the last meeting, what if we only
have 100k CHF budget?)

What does this mean for Le Camp?  The biggest cost-related questions
(and these are just my observations of the discussion on IRC) seem to be:

- will they reconsider the possibility of allowing us to cook?

- if there are less days, are the daily rates still the seem?

and there seem to be three possible directions for any effort that local
team makes now:
a) negotiating down the Le Camp contract,
b) looking for an alternative option (negotiating is always easier when
there are two good choices) or
c) pursuing sponsorship from Swiss foundations