Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf12: Payment information

On 19/06/12 09:51, DebConf Registration Team wrote:
> Jonathan Bustillos Osornio,
>
> According to our records, you registered for DebConf12 as a corporate
> or professional attendee, so we are expecting a payment from you.
>
> ** Please pay as soon as possible, or inform us about delays.
>
> If you would like your attendee fee to be pro-rated, or a sponsored or
> discount DebCamp, please contact the registration team.  The
> Professional fee is designed to be the actual cost per week, and we
> are happy to reduce the fee if you will stay for fewer days.
>

> For payment information, please see
>   http://debconf12.debconf.org/payments.xhtml
>
> Payment items:
>     USD  650 DebCamp registration (without workplan)
>
> Total amount to pay: USD 650
>
> Amount paid so far:  USD 0

> Thank you,
>
> --
> The DebConf team
> (person_id: 2379)

Greetings team, I wonder if I can sponsor DebConf the week with room and
food without having to pay $650 and without the week of DebCamp please.
I managed to stay with someone from Nicaragua for the first week, so I
would ask support with food and lodging only for DebConf.

I have the intention of my research on Debian serve primarily to make a
contribution to the community (Debian), with useful knowledge from a
sociological perspective to show the world and other Free Software
projects many of the virtues that exist within our community and the
pleasure to share and socialize knowledge, technique and symbolic
meanings as elements that make up the existence of Debian based
collaboration and volunteerism and self-management, training and
practice as this is something that constantly brings good things both
the computing world and society outside that are not necessarily from
other sectors of society and focus on a look and draw the attention of
all interested persons as possible to the importance of all the work do
programmers and thousands of people work at great unknown number of
times regardless of the computing world and Free Software and the great
contribution that all this means for society, this research
methodologically defined in Debian.

On the other hand, I have been using Debian for almost three years and
some months I have begun to engage enthusiastically to participate in
its development, working by the time translations of some templates
po.debconf and from approximately May 15 in the Spanish translation of
"The Debian Administrator's Handbook ', under the pseudonym jathan. I
know that my contributions have not been many, but I have the interest
to be involved more fully in Debian to work on more things and so my
desire to participate in this DebConf advantage that is more accessible
now go from Mexico to be in Nicaragua.

I live with my grandma since 7 years and she helps me financially with
her pension board, working when there is a chance I doing some
instalations, repairs and optimizations of computers with Free Software,
but as friends usually do not earn much money ha.

The money I had to buy the plane ticket and passport was because I had
saved from previous jobs as a seller of costumes in a market, technical
and general office assistant digital solutions for three years before
entering University at alternate times in high school. That's why the
support of sponsorship ;).

I hope this can be resolved in the manner most favorable to reduce costs
of my stay in DebCamp and DebConf. Likewise, I ask you please help me
with the information I asked about the number of attendees so far have
confirmed the DebCamp and DebConf going to do my sampling of interviews
and questionnaires. Thanks team, I hope your answer.

--
Una licencia permisiva solo sería más «libre» que una licencia como la
GPL, cuando un sociedad que permita la esclavitud sea considerada más