Re: [Debconf-team] DC13.ch - Local Team Meeting Minutes - 2012-06-18

Ana Guerrero <ana@debian.org> writes:

> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 06:54:16PM +0200, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
>>
>> * DECISION: Wed. 5 September 2012, 18:45, Bern.
>> * INFO: Romands would appreciate more meetings in Lausanne.
>> * INFO: Philipp would appreciate more meetings in St-Gall.
>
> Hey,
>
> Just for curiosity, have you considered trying to have the meetings by IRC?
> They don't need to be public if you still want to talk some details
> privately. This also might allow some people who can not afford going
> to the meetings to join and help.

As non Swiss probably are unable to guess this last comments lacks some
<partly joking> tags. The discussion was more about Fribourg or Bern,
which is much less of a difference in traveling distance.

Not having the meetings on IRC is not about private/public but about
communication bandwidth. To discuss the same amount of stuff the same
meetings on IRC would take ages. IMO in person meetings also create a
higher comitment than more anonymous forms of meetings. But we are
considering doing some meetings over a mumble voice chat, but decided
against it for the next meeting.

Gaudenz