Re: [Debconf-team] Accommodation costs: Hotel Seminole

Hi Leandro,

Leandro Gómez dijo [Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 06:51:27PM -0600]:
> Hello,
>
> We got a first quote from Hotel Seminole. Please note that we haven't
> negotiated yet a discount with them, so these price might go down a bit.
> All prices are in US dollars.
>
> > Single room: $75 + 17% sales tax = $87.75/pp
> > Double room: $80 + 17% sales tax = $93.60 ($46.80/pp)
> > Triple room: $90 + 17% sales tax = $105.30 ($35.10/pp)
> > Quadruple room: $100 + 17% sales tax = $117 ($29.25/pp)

Wasn't it part of the agreement with the government we would be
exempted from the 17% sales tax?

> Note: The quadruple rooms are with two king size beds, or one queen size
> and two small beds, so I don't think we have some use for them.

Right. On the other hand, there will be more than a few couples. Of
course, I'd much rather have a room for me and my GF, and so will many
others... But we are getting it for free. I think it is fair to lodge
two couples in a quadruple room, as the economic difference is not
negligible, or offer couples to pay extra for a room for themselves.

> The cheapest quote they gave us was for $12957.75 ($36.20/pp), distributed
> in 2 single rooms, 3 double rooms and 7 triple rooms.
>
> I'm going to write to them later tonight and start negotiating prices in
> order to see if we can lower it from $36 to $30 or less.

Ok, this sounds very decent - And it can be low enough for us not to
require to switch hotels midway (as the price jump in respect to the
smaller hotels was from $46 to $29 pppn, right?)

If we have Seminole at $36 or $30, I think we can stay there, much
more pleasantly.