Re: [Debconf-team] budget and number of attendees

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 08:50:37AM -0300, David Bremner wrote:
> Richard Darst <rkd@zgib.net> writes:
> >
> > It is about 40 people in category "Basic, *no* sponsored food or
> > accom" and *do* request accommodation.
> >

> FWIW, I only get 19 from penta. But it could easily be my penta-fu is
> weak.

There seem to be
 5 in "Basic; want sponsored food",
19 in "Basic, no sponsored food or accommodation"
20 in "--- Please select one ---"

(using advanced find, conf=dc12, attend=true, accom=true, and then
each of the above options separately.  Note that the "basic; want
sponsored food" is a substring of "basic, want sponsored food and
accom" so it returns both of them and you need to manually find those
five.)

(the joys of penta.  By the way, doing this, I saw the categories
"Sponsored" and "Basic (no accommodation provided)", which I think
were the DC11 categories.  So it does seem we regressed to the DC10
categories.)

> > We should:
> > - Let these people know they are going to need to pay, estimate the
> > costs, add it to our budget, (optionally move them into professinal if
> > that's how we want to handle it)
>
> From a friendliness point of view this seems like the preferable
> option, if it can be managed.

Agreed.

Also, by the way, we have database logs so that we can see when people
first registered (debconf-data:penta/private/find-changes.py).  So we
can tell when they first registered, if they ask for an exception.
Every year, some people attempt to register properly but penta or
their browser somehow breaks it in a non-obvious way.  For people like
debian project members, we can help them here.

- Richard