Re: [Debconf-team] Data processing scripts

On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 10:48:29PM +0100, Moray Allan wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-06-08 at 15:44 +0100, Moray Allan wrote:
> > On what's probably a related topic, did someone sort out yet the
> > inconsistencies between the multiple Basic categories and the separate
> > food and accommodation questions?
>
> I said "related" because of the first and second three-column sections
> here:
> http://debconf-data.alioth.debian.org/stats/registration-data.txt
>
> Having confirmed what they mean, I see
>
> 18  Basic; no sponsored food or accommodatio  Regular DebConf
>
> i.e. there are quite a few people who have chosen unsponsored Basic but
> also chosen DebConf accommodation.

That is the correct interpretation.

> From my point of view that doesn't make sense, and those people should
> be either Professional or Corporate.  It's possible that some of them
> made a mistake about the category question before the sponsorship
> deadline, but probably others have used this to effectively ask for
> sponsorship after that deadline had passed.

I agree that that is how it should be.  Too bad we haven't been able
to make it so.

The errorcheck for this says it is an error, not just a warning about
payment in DC10, so presumably we didn't allow this in DC11 (but due
to penta changes, I can't confirm this about DC11).  Some people
remember differently, though.

Anyway, I created a report for the registration team so that they can
deal with stuff like this.  I don't have time to.

- Ricahrd