Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf12-localteam] Budget estimate for DebConf12

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 4:15 PM, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:

> * The costs of housing and food are more expensive at Venue B. The Central
> American University (UCA) is located on an upper-class neighbourhood and
> just three blocks away from the new Managua downtown. It's a better
> location than Crowne Plaza, but everything is also more expensive.

can't we sleep somewhere else? get food from somewhere else?

Actually, we've discussed this a lot yesterday, and one of the options is staying at the cheaper hotels in the Crowne Plaza area (CP, Teodolinda and Conquistador). The down side of this is, of course, that we're going to need a shuttle bus service from the hotels to the venue.

The trip from the hotels to UCA is ~10 minutes by bus, and we can assign 2-3 busses leaving from hotels/UCA every 20-30 minutes all day long. I'm not sure how much this will cost us and if it's doable to stay within a reasonable budget, but we're going to contact some local bus companies on Monday to see if it's possible.

As for the food, we're still waiting for a quotation from the Hilton Hotel. The Hilton and the Seminole hotels are the only two places big enough (and within walking distance from UCA) for us to eat.