Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf sponsorship & Debian derivatives

Hi Pabs,

On Sonntag, 19. Februar 2012, Paul Wise wrote:
> According to the Debian derivatives census info[1], there are a number
> of derivatives that are either for-profit or financially backed by a
> government or corporate entity. I have been considering contacting these
> derivatives with the purpose of encouraging them to help sponsor DebConf
> but I would like your input on the mail[2] before doing so.

awesome idea & initiative, please go ahead! :-)

> Am I on the right track here, is this a good idea?

absolutly

> When would be a good time send this? I suppose after the DebConf/press
> teams issue a call for sponsors?

Actually anytime, but it's better if our information for sponsors are
available :)

http://debconf12.debconf.org/become-sponsor.xhtml is a bit slim still, but
this should be fixed within hours now, or maybe a few days ;)

> I tried to emphasise sending developers rather than representatives,
> managers etc, I hope that is appropriate.

Emphasising that we really really need money is also sensible, as it's just
the case.

> Is there anything else I should mention?

Not that I'm aware of :)

Thanks for your initiative doing this!
cheers,
	Holger