[Debconf-team] DebConf sponsorship & Debian derivatives

Hi DebConf team!

According to the Debian derivatives census info[1], there are a number
of derivatives that are either for-profit or financially backed by a
government or corporate entity. I have been considering contacting these
derivatives with the purpose of encouraging them to help sponsor DebConf
but I would like your input on the mail[2] before doing so.

Am I on the right track here, is this a good idea?

When would be a good time send this? I suppose after the DebConf/press
teams issue a call for sponsors?

I tried to emphasise sending developers rather than representatives,
managers etc, I hope that is appropriate.

Is there anything else I should mention?

     1. http://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/CensusFull
     2. http://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/CensusQA#debconf

--
bye,