Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf13-ch] Question for DebConf13 bids: Costs

On Thu, 2 Feb 2012 16:58:21 +0100, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for your answers!
>
> On Donnerstag, 2. Februar 2012, Giacomo Catenazzi wrote:
> > We hope in more sponsors, and possibly we could ask to debian.ch donors
> > to give something for DebConf.
>
> How much money do you expect to be able to raise via debiah.ch donors?
> Thousands? Tens of thousands?

I'd say tens of thousands from swiss donors should be possible.
This would need a coordinated effort for Debconf. It's not just what we
get every year without doing something, but raising money in the range
of 500.- € per donations on special occasions where we needed money
(BSPs) was possible without much effort. So I guess with more effort
tens of thousands for Debconf should be possible.

Options to consider:

- The economic crisis has not yet hit Switzerland as hard as other
  European countries. I don't think that it has a big impact on the
  sponsoring behavior yet.
- There are many charitable trusts in Switzerland we could approach for
  sponsorship. For another much smaller conference I once got about 20'000.-
  from such a trust. But I might have been very lucky.
- We are well aware that fundrising in Switzerland would be one of our
  top priorites during 2012 if we are going to organize Debconf in
  Switzerland.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.