Re: [Debconf-team] Cleaning at Le Camp

Gaudenz Steinlin dijo [Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 02:07:41PM +0100]:
> >> we
> >> also need to know if they will allow us to arrange outside cleaners for
> >> this, if we can find a better price from an independent cleaning service
> >> nearby.
> > I wouldn't insist on this. We might be able to save a tiny bit but the owners
> > will most probably be much happier with people they know and trust. In the end
> > we also want people around that we transitively trust not to take any
> > laptops.
>
> For the cleaning I propose to get quotes from Le Camp and from at least
> one external service and decide based on the offers. And just to avoid
> any wrong impressions. I'm sure that Le Camp won't take away any laptops
> even if we do things they don't like.
>
> I really think that organizing this is a detail. It has to be done,
> sure, but it's not urgent in any way. I at least for myself won't spend
> any time organizing this unless I'm sure that we actually go to Le Camp.
> And asking Le Camp for a quote for cleaning after we just told them that
> we want to shorten because we really don't have enough money for 2 weeks
> will give a bad impression.

Yes. Just echoing in this more formal space what was mentioned on IRC
on this regard, it is possible that LeCamp offers cleaning service, it
is possible they do not. The contract says we should take care of it —
This gives us the chance to either ask them for their usual people, or
look for external services we can hire, compare prices, and choose the
best suited.

We agreed we should not ask attendees (on a volunteer basis or
whatever their status) to spend their time cleaning rooms and toilets,
but dishwashing is agreeable.

But all in all, given it's something that falls outside of the
contract as it was presented to us, is not something we should be
rushing to decide on - Of course, we should keep our priorities and
acceptable lines, but we can decide on the specifics later.