Re: [Debconf-team] Cleaning at Le Camp

Moray Allan:
> zack requested that we arrange to pay for daily cleaning and
> dishwashing at Le Camp, rather than attempting to get Debian
> contributors to do this.
I agree, that we should not spend quality time cleaning houses or toilets.
However I could very well imagine to wash the dishes. I suppose that le camp
has modern dish washers and that we'd only have to dry and put away the
dishes, probably also clean the tables. It should only take half an hour?

This kind of work is also a way to get to know each other and have some
smalltalk. How about peering systemd and upstart proponents in the same team?

So if we can save considerable money, than it might not be too much of a
problem to dry the dishes and clean the tables. Could we set up a wiki page
listing volunteers for one round of dish cleaning?

> we
> also need to know if they will allow us to arrange outside cleaners for
> this, if we can find a better price from an independent cleaning service
> nearby.
I wouldn't insist on this. We might be able to save a tiny bit but the owners
will most probably be much happier with people they know and trust. In the end
we also want people around that we transitively trust not to take any laptops.

Regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro