[Debconf-team] Accomodation for DC13 [was “anonymous donation”]

Le lundi 03 décembre 2012 à 20:04 +0100, Josselin Mouette a écrit :
> I couldn’t care less whether a gathering of geeks who feel like they’re
> still 16, in the woods is a total disaster or not.

Since I was privately asked to clarify; I feel extremely unwelcome at a
place where basically the only way I could sleep correctly would be
bringing my own inflatable mattress – and from the photographs, I would
still be worrying about coming back with little friends in my hair and
asthma for weeks.

This is apparently the most comfortable place to sleep there: a room for
two.
http://www.groups.ch/images/haeuser/zusatz/K-0806-5487-7_20091202030934.jpg
Notice how nice you’ll feel if you are more than 1m80.

This is the “basic” place to sleep in Le Camp:
http://www.groups.ch/images/haeuser/zusatz/K-0806-5487-6_20091202024753.jpg
Yes, what you can see in the back is another layer of mattresses near
the ceiling.

Don’t forget these are photographs, probably made to look *nicer* than
reality.

But don’t worry, if you want to sleep very close in Château Vaumarcus,
it will only cost you 320 f***ing CHF, which after all, at current
rates, only means 256 EUR. Per night. More than twice the price of a
decent room in Paris, which is already an expensive city.
Or you could sleep 20 minutes away and come by car every morning (and
still pay very high hotel rates).

I could feel welcome in a place lost in the woods, near a lake, if I
wanted to go walk in the woods or have fun on the lake. But DebConf is
meant to be a conference with several hundred people, not a gathering of
youngsters who want to spend a week lost in the woods in close
promiscuity.

I feel sorry for those who are still trying to make DC13 great, but who
instead have to cope with such absurd proposals from the local team, and
with the debconf team’s petty requirements — for example, using a
dedicated infrastructure and FSM-knows-how-many servers for a wiki and a
pair of misconfigured mailing lists with unusable archive software.

Cheers,
--
.''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :