Re: [Debconf-team] Regarding DebConf13 planned location

On Tue, 2012-11-27 at 12:39 +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Or maybe, if Le Camp agrees once again to delay the signing, people
> will believe those who say that Le Camp is a nice trustworthy
> organisation

This is either misunderstanding people's concerns or a straw man
argument: no one is saying that Le Camp is not "trustworthy".

> and a
> contract is just something written on paper.

Someone asserted that contracts don't hold in Switzerland, but they
didn't reply when asked for details about that.

All I know is that in the legal system I know best, contracts do mean
something, and that being "trustworthy" is about keeping the contracts
you sign, not about later giving some flexibility to change/remove
contract terms, if that was not originally specified in the contract.

That affects both what I would expect from Le Camp as a trustworthy
organisation: that they will keep firmly to the things they agree to do
in the contract, and what I would expect from the Debian side as a
trustworthy organisation: that we will keep firmly to the things we
agree to do in the contract.

From my viewpoint, if we sign the contract but plan to change points
later (in a way that is not mentioned as a possibility in the contract),
we are not being a trustworthy organisation.

--
Moray