Re: [Debconf-team] Regarding DebConf13 planned location

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 04:16:12PM +0100, Herman Robak wrote:
> På Tue, 27 Nov 2012 15:01:41 +0100, skrev Moray Allan <moray@sermisy.org>:

> >I am unhappy that new concerns are being raised at this stage.

> >However, unfortunately I *did* see new information from these latest
> >discussions.
> [...]
> >And I had simply assumed that there was a bathroom per one or two
> >(larger) rooms, whereas I am now told that there are a few shared
> >toilets and showers per building, and many showers only have a curtain
> >for privacy during the shower itself, and no private changing area.

> Drastical solution: Sex-segregated houses.

That's certainly one obvious solution, and it may in fact be the least bad
one.  It would, however, effectively exclude couples who wish to attend
DebConf together.  It might even result in none of our women DDs choosing to
attend DebConf at all, in which case segregating the houses by sex will be
easy since they'll be all male.

I leave it for others to decide whether this would constitute a successful
DebConf.