Re: [Debconf-team] Contract

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 8. November 2012, Moray Allan wrote:
> Have the electrical installation checks been done yet?  While I don't
> imagine this being a problem, it's not clear what happens if the
> checks fail later.

AFAIK they haven't, but it's also still 9 months left.

> What are Le Camp meant to supply to be sold at the Kiosk?

no idea, we will run the kiosk, there are locals who volunteer for this
and who are planning the details.

> A few things that might be improved still:
>
> - Clarify that people can bring their own tents, not only rent them

that was completly clear during our meeting. Le Camp offered to rent
them for us to do us a favor, and they absolutly dont mind if we rent
ourselves or bring our own.

> - Remove requirement for 300 people (that day?  ever?) before camping
> is allowed

I really dont think it's useful to be picky about minor points now. IOW:
I seriously doubt it will be a problem if we have, say 250 people and
then a few in tents. (In fact I rather think its more likely we will be
overbooked anyway...)

> - Notice period for food numbers (currently 10 days in advance, then
> only small changes)

Thats fine. (Aka: has been discussed sufficiently)

> - Can we get clean bed linen more frequently if we want to re-use the
> same bed for a new attendee?

Yes, there is plenty of supply in each house. Plus there are washing
machines too.

> The washing-up requirements etc. will require some organisation.
> Similarly for the cleaning requirements at the end of DebConf.  In
> both
> cases, as in the past (e.g. last year's food helpers), the most
> realistic way to get this work done reliably is to find local
> volunteers.

and the best way to achieve this, is to have a motivated localteam.

cheers,
	Holger