[Debconf-team] Sponsors update

Hi there,

I am writing about CHF 39k sponsorship money committed and the venue.

First, I came to this project when I read the news :"On February 20,
2012, the DebConf committee decided that DebConf13, the Debian developer
conference of 2013, should take place on the shores of the Lake
Neuchātel in Switzerland, most likely in the middle of August." [1]

Now the difficult part is that we raised CHF 39k for Vaumarcus and CHF
1k for Interlaken (CHF 1k which are venue independant). All the material
was ready for Vaumarcus, sponsorship brochure and cover-letter and selling
a project with an undefined venue is more difficult. That why I decided to
stop talking and to act.

Now, if we choose another venue, we would need to ask each committed
sponsors again with the risk that they walk away. So, it is still
possible but it could have a cost to the project.

Cheers,
Raphaėl

[1] http://www.debian.org/News/2012/20120301.en.html