Re: [Debconf-team] professional and corporate numbers from previous years

Hi Ana,

thanks for the interesting statistics!

On Dienstag, 6. November 2012, Ana Guerrero wrote:
> ... Given le camp is in a place isolated, I fear some people
> not finding alternatives easily might give up in attending this year.

actually it's not that isolated, it's 15-20min by car to either
Neuchatel or Lausanne. That's a lot less than what most people commute
daily for work - and I'm pretty sure there wont be traffic jams :)

Granted this requires a car, but there are more then enough of those in
Europe. (And sadly, car sharing will be the cheapest option for most
Europeans to attend.)

> Then we'll lose some professionals who:

I'd like to twist this argument: (as I think it's important to focus on
how to make this work, rather then to think about how things might not
work...)

So we'll _get_ $people_paying who:

- understand that they contribute to DebConf this way. This might need
additional help (ie announcements). So far we never really tried to sell
prof/corp attendence type very much.
- are happy to stay with the crowd
- hate cars
- happily choose Le Camp, as its rather cheap accomodation in fact
- happily choose to become paying attendees as we closed sponsored
attendence after reaching X applications (because we might choose this
as our way to deal with not enough incoming sponsorship money)

I'm not really making a distinction between the two types, as for that
we should define our profits on both types first. I'd suggest something
like 10€/day ("profit" for us) for the cheaper type, and at least
30€/day ("profit") for the more expensive one.

> (although they
> could chose to pay food in le camp)

we should definitly offer "lunch only" as an option to buy.

Oh, and btw, the accomodation at Le Camp is *great*, as in new, modern
and functional.

cheers,
	Holger

btw: I really think we should come up with two less synonymic names. The
diff (or rather the order) between the two is not really clear...
Suugestions?