Re: [Debconf-team] A better budget analysis

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 10:06:12PM +0100, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.com.au> writes:
> > It would be interesting to see two variations of the Interlaken figures,
> > one without food, the other with food (and possibly a third variation
> > where we budget lunch only/no dinner, 20 CHF/day).  This would showcase
> > the inherit flexibility of the Interlaken plan.
>
> IMO this is a flexibilty that I don't agree to. I'd prefer to limit the
> amount of sponsored participants instead of not providing food.

I think we should really consider a breakfast buffet and (less
important) sandwiches for lunch (but a real dinner), if the venue allows
it (from Holger's last report, it sounds like Le Camp might do).

Specifically, I think we should determine whether we can bring unlimited
(so far as cooling/storage is possible) foods and (alocoholic) drinks
along, while guaranteeing that we will not sell those to participants
(this last point is quite important to communicate to the venue,
methinks).

This way, we could have people with cars (I guess quite a few will
arrive by car) run errands like buy rolls for a breakfast buffet or
bring beer kegs along from home. And we could operate a large coffee
(somebody could bring along if the venue has none) machine ourselves.

This might slash some of the budget and would be (from my POV) totally
acceptable.

Sorry if this is already planned or has been shot down, I didn't follow
along closely.

Michael