[Debconf-team] How many Swiss sponsors are expected?

Hi,

We've spent a lot of time panicking over the budget, but one thing we
haven't done is learned just how much we can get from Swiss
organizations.  (Two hypotheses being: global sponsorship is somewhat
constant, but perhaps we can get more local sponsorship from having
the conf somewhere).

The local team has a _lot_ of possible sponsors (and we really haven't
given enough credit for this...).  There are ~20 listing "support type
is monetary" and ~10 listing "support type is finances" (does this
mean giving money?).  A lot of these are small companies, some are
larger organizations (academic, in some cases).

So, what I think we should think about is "how much is expected from
Swiss-companies"?  Here are some thought questions to get this
started.  None of these have known answers, all that I am looking for
is gut feelings.

- How many "small" (swiss) companies do you think could give 500 CHF?
>From the sponsors-table list, how many have been informally talked to
and they have said "sure, we could probably give a bit".  Will we get
closer to 5 or to 25 or 100 donating this amount?

- How many "big" (swiss) sponsors do you have in mind, 10 kCHF or
more?  How many can be actually acquired?  How many have been
informally talked to and you think have a high likelihood of donating?

 (Note: I see some academic institutions listed as "monetary"... do
 you think they will give money, as opposed to giving free facilities
 that are too far away to use?)

- I have heard about "Swiss foundations" which could possibly give a
lot.  Also, I've heard that we may be too late to get money from
here.  Do we know anything concrete?  How much would we expect to get
from a foundation?  (500 CHF or 50 kCHF?)  Are foundations identified
already?  Have we given up (by being too late) yet?

So, these aren't designed to get final, definitive answers (that's
impossible), but just get the general feeling of the local team to see
how positive or gloomy sponsorship things are there.  I hope we will
be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks,

- Richard