Re: [Debconf-team] DC13 cost reduction / additional income idea 2 - food

I just want to emphasize that although I have contributed some comments
on self-cooking, I am not arguing that it is a `magic solution' or that
it is desirable
    http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/SelfCooking

But I think it belongs in this discussion about food

Just to clarify the alternatives, it is not
    food vs. self-cook vs. find it yourself

There are many hybrid options, e.g. at Interlaken (and potentially other
venues), breakfast can be provided at a low cost by a
hostel/accommodation provider.

For hostels/hotels that charge for breakfast, it would be interesting to
know how many people are satisfied with cereal rather than a cooked
breakfast.  Just having some large cereal boxes and a fridge for milk,
some fruit, bread, etc might cover breakfast at low cost.

We could then have a self-cooked BBQ lunch, and a cooked dinner from a
catering company.

It could also vary from day-to-day - maybe have the BBQ just 2 or 3
times each week, and the catering company for other lunches.

These are just examples, not my recommendations