Re: [Debconf-team] DC13 cost reduction / additional income idea 4 - accomodation

On 25.10.2012 18:41, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
Le jeudi, 25 octobre 2012 00.18:12, Gaudenz Steinlin a écrit :
*** No / only partly sponsored accomodation ***

I think something like inflating the real "cost overheads for good beds" and
billing them to attendees might be a good way to rise "some" money, as anti-
social as it might sound. Lemme explain with the LeCamp testcase:

* 17 CHF -priced beds would be free / sponsored beds
* 20 CHF -priced beds would cost ((20 - 17) * $FACTOR ) CHF per night
* 24 CHF -priced beds would cost ((24 - 17) * $FACTOR ) CHF per night

With FACTOR=5 (e.g.), this would make the best beds at 35.- CHF / night.

But the rooms are not so different each others. There are two large dorms, but very few small rooms.

I think 35CHF/night is very much for an upgrade of the large dorm to the medium dorms. The smaller rooms could have a bigger factor, but we have not so much beds there.

ciao
	cate